The Stone Soup Institute is an international school offering courses of study which integrate traditional and contemporary practices and knowledge in the Agrarian Arts & Sciences, Crafts and Fine Arts.

Stone Soup Institute Website
Stone Soup Tiny House Blog
Stone Soup Flickr Stream


Saturday, December 4, 2010

Owl


Yesterday, I was walking and heard all kind of commotion in the woods. A blue jay was calling over and over again, in a really serious way.  I stopped and looked around for a minute, and saw the jay was defending its area from this  beautiful owl.
The owl flew right by me, about 7 or 8 feet off the ground and landed in this spruce tree. his wing span was at least 3 feet I estimate.

I have been wanting to see an owl in the woods for a while. The last time I saw owls was in a program at a public library, but the owls all had a sad story about why they couldn't be released.  It was amazing to see this one.
Hopefully I  will meet up with him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment